The secret of monkey island

You can see my walkthrough and learn how to finish the game.
Or you can just play the game all by your self.
Either way is there a few things worth knowing.

Besides collecting everything you find on your way.
These four things are worth knowing.

* Insult Sword Fighting, how to win
* How to free the prisoner from the dungeon (the mug run)
* The combination to the shopkeepers vault
* Directions to monkey island (the pot recipe)

Read my hints below this full length gameplay.


Insult Sword Fighting
Is a skill that you can learn from Captain Smirk and from the Troll guarding the bridge.
But they only teach you three insults. And the list of insults is long.

You find Captain Smirk and the troll here:

After you have learned a few insults. It is time to go out on the path and practice.
Normaly you will need three successfully landed insults to ensure a victory.
You need three pirats to respond with "Wow! you´re goog enough to fight the sword master".

Insults and Comebacks:
 Insult  Comeback
 You fight like a Dairy Farmer!  How appropriate! You fight like a cow!
 This is the END for you, you gutter crawling cur!  And I've got a little TIP for you, get the POINT?
 I've spoken with apes more polite than you!  I'm glad to hear you attended your family reunion!
 Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!  First you better stop waving it about like a feather duster.
 People fall at my feet when they see me coming!  Even BEFORE they smell your breath?
 I'm not going to take your insolence sitting down!  Your hemorroids are flaring up again eh?
 I once owned a dog that was smarter than you.  He must have taught you everything you know.
 Nobody's ever drawn blood from me and nobody ever will.  You run THAT fast?
 Have you stopped wearing diapers yet?  Why? Did you want to borrow one?
 There are no words for how disgusting you are.  Yes there are. You just never learned them.
 You make me want to puke.  You make me think somebody already did.
 My handkerchief will wipe up your blood!  So you got that job as janitor, after all.
 I got this scar on my face during a mighty struggle!  I hope now you've learned to stop picking your nose.
 I've heard you are a contemptible sneak.  Too bad no one's ever heard of YOU at all.
 You're no match for my brains, you poor fool.  I'd be in real trouble if you ever used them.
 You have the manners of a beggar.  I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.

Then you will be ready to fight the sword master.
Sword masters normaly have their own unique list of insults and those who oppose them are forced to use their wits to find a comeback in their own repertoire that makes sense.

You find the sword master here:


The sword master got 17 different insults
 Insult  Comeback
 Now I know what filth and stupidity really are.  I'm glad to hear you attended your family reunion.
 Every word you say to me is stupid.  I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.
 I've got a long, sharp lesson for you to learn today. And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?
 I will milk every drop of blood from your body!  How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
 I've got the courage and skill of a master swordsman.  I'd be in real trouble if you ever used them.
 My tongue is sharper than any sword  First, you'd better stop waving it like a feather-duster.
 My name is feared in every dirty corner of this island!  So you got that job as a janitor, after all.
 My wisest enemies run away at the first sight of me!  Even BEFORE they smell your breath?
 Only once have I met such a coward!  He must have taught you everything you know.
 If your brother's like you, better to marry a pig.  You make me think somebody already did.
 No one will ever catch ME fighting as badly as you do.  You run THAT fast?
 My last fight ended with my hands covered with blood.  I hope now you've learned to stop picking your nose.
 I hope you have a boat ready for a quick escape.  Why, did you want to borrow one?
 My sword is famous all over the Caribbean!  Too bad no one's ever heard of YOU at all.
 You are a pain in the backside, sir!  Your hemorrhoids are flaring up again, eh?
 I usually see people like you passed-out on tavern floor.  I'm glad to hear you attended your family reunion.
 There are no clever moves that can help you now. Yes there are. You just never learned them.

How to free the prisoner from the dungeon (the mug run)
Ash you run from the SCUM BAR, with the mug full of grog.
The mug will start to deteriorate / melt. It is important that you swap mugs as you run towards the dungeon. I made a small video to show you how to use and swap mug.

The combination to the shopkeepers vault
Just pay attention to what the shopkeeper does, when he goes to open the safe.
Let me show you how this works.


Directions to monkey island
Recipe for the pot on the ship.
To send the ship on a Mysterious voyage you will need to add the following ingredients.
* 100% cotton t-shirt
* breath mints
* cereal
* Chicken
* dusty book
* cinnamon stick
* feather pen
*fine wine
*gunpowder
* jolly roger
* ink


Also read my beginner´s guide to getting started playing abandonware.
You can buy this game on STEAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indiana jones and the last crusade

Arcade version of the famous movie of the same name. Made by Tiertex and published by Lucasfilm for the commodore amiga in 1989. Dr. He...