Alien Breed 3D

The Alien Breed saga began in 1992 when Team17 released the original. a six level arcade-style overhead blaster. The game proved to be a huge success. paving the way for a full-blown sequel in Alien Breed 2. and later the massive, more strategic Alien Breed : Tower Assault. Now. with the current thirst for 3D games. Team17 are extremely proud to present one of the most technically thrilling, atmospheric and genuinely playable games ever devised for the Amiga - Alien Breed 3D!

With dynamic 3D level design. first person perspective. real-time action and the option to play
head-to-head with machine linkup, Alien Breed 3D is a milestone in the development of Amiga games.

Trapped in an alien environment. you must escape through [6 complex levels. defeating all manner of incredible enemies with an arsenal of devastating weaponry that you find on your way Puzzles and traps have to be solved. you even have to negotiate submerged sections in order to win through.

This is the 3D adventure you've been waiting for... This is Alien Breed 3D.

Now The Story Continues...


Eyes Only - Triple Alpha Clearance

Ident Code 0294615349

To : General R.E.Grant
Earth Defence Force - Titan Base

From 2 Captain J.T.Reynolds
Commanding Osiris III

Message as tollows (Encrpt code 47984-771073):

Ridhard.

I‘ve very little time. The Breed have got out! They've taken over the
station. By pure chance I was outside when they made their move.

I've loved some supplies and weapons in the disused observatory.

I intend to return to the base and search tor some way to get oif this
planet- You must send the fleet to wipe this place clean whether I
succeed or not.

My oxygen is low I expect 1 have less than eighteen hours grace.

Wish me luck. General
Reynolds out.

Excerpt from Progress Report 4098 by Dr. Alan Stout - Director of Project Osiris The eggs discovered in the aftermath of Azarin have proved fertile. Culture solution 34/R has resulted in over 70% hatching. The growth rate is phenomenal. We’re already seeing second generation clones. Modification and enhancement projects have been submitted...

Excerpt from Progress Report 4123 by Dr. J. Cleary - Head of Bio-engineering The first phase of cybemetic enhancement is complete. Primary evaluation shows a high level of rejection and unstable bonding. Plans to introduce human DNA into the genome should improve stability by 30-40%.

Excerpt from Internet Memo by D. Deakin´s - Maintenance and Support Services Given the astronomical increase in temporary system failures I need an extra digital-neuron technician to run diagnostics on all systems. Especially containment. Thank God. none of those have failed yet.

LEVEL CODES:

Level 1: The gate
The basse looms dead and silent in front of me, blotting out the sky. The main entrance is out of the question, choked with rubble and bodies, not all of them human. I didn´t look too closley. Picking my way through the debris around the perimeter, I find a way in, A serice entrance located in a storage bay below ground level. I grip my pulse rifel tightly and lower myself into the pit. No turning back now.....

Level 2:  Storage bay - KOOPAMFJFFNNFFFF
Taking my life in my hands, I jump into the teleporter. Hoping it will take me further into the complex, although I´m pretty hazy about what I´m going to do when I get there. As I materialize, however, my hopes sink. The transporter was intenden for freight only, and I find myself in a huge empty storage room. Looks like I´ll have to find some other way in. The breed howl there greetings as i stride forward.

Level 3: Sewer network - OKOOEGBLBENNFFFF
In the computer room I try to call up a map, or blueprint, or anything to tell me where I ought to be heading. The only plans I can access from this terminal, however, are some schematics for the sewer system. Poring over them I find a possible route. There´s a waste outlet I can reach form my current location which seems to lead further into the complex. Unfortunately, the sewers are partially flooded most of the time. And sloshing through thigh-deep sewage is not my idea of fun. It seems to be the only way forward, though, and retreat into the infested passages behind me is an even less inviting prospect......

Level 4: The courtyard - KPKOEOLLBENNFEMN
Shivering and sweating at the same time, I try to shake the icy water from my clothes and take in my new surroundings. I think I must be somewhere in the research department. The token military presence I commanded here was always discouraged from poking their noses into matters that didn´t concern them. Lokking around I catch my breath, this place is enormous. Even bigger than I had thought. The purpose of this area elundes me. The cavernous rooms and winding staircases serve no immediately visible function. Stepping over the huddled body of another luckless soldier I back up against the cold stone wall and edge towards the corner. The hate-filled cries of the breed echo through the dim vaulted chambers. This strange place is anything but deserted.....

Level 5: System purge - PLKKMELLFENJFEMN
As I pause for breath I notice a sign on the wall nearby: COMBAT TEST ARENA ALPHA
Pointing back the way I have just come. Now it makes more sense! All those rooms and walkways were some sort of testing ground for - what? The grotesque experiments now littering the halls with there bodies? Or something else, something I haven´t seen yet, perhaps? I glance around nervously as the thought takes shape, but as my eyes adjust to the gloom I see nothing but bank upon bank of computers stretching as far as the eye can see. Now this is more like it! If I can gain access somehow, I might be able to find a way to escape! A databank this size must hold all sort of useful information. There are no terminals though. Maybe if I find my way out I cna hack in from somewhere nearby.
A gurgling, half-human grunt behind me makes me spin around, heart pounding....

Level 6: The mines - POKKIMKLAENJFEMN
As I had hoped, there is a room just outside the entrance to the computer store with an operational terminal. After nearly two hours of desperate hacking, the computers grudgingly furnish me with the information I need. A replay of the message my second in command sent to our superiors off-planet when the outbreak became unstoppable. He was planning to escape on our private shuttle, after disabling the cooling system ont the main reactor. I watch in dismay as his message is cut short. The horde of slavering breed which break down the door and devour him alive pay no heed to the camera still recording his screams. A split second later the net security catches up with my activities and the terminal shots down. I know what I must do. A reactor meltdown would blow this whole wretched place into orbit and the breed with it. And I might just live to see it happen. But to go any further I need a high-clearance access card. The security systems here aare not responding to my palm print or retina scan. The breed howl mockingly as I set out to find it....

Level 7: The furnace - KKKOIGKLFEJNFEMN
I found the access card, along with the remains of its owner. What posessed him to flee into the mines no-one will ever know. His midly surprised face gazing up at me from its watery hiding place is an image I have difficulty banishing from my mind. Along with many others. The transporter takes me down and down into the substructure of the base. According to my route plan, I should be able to get back into the main building further on, saving time and avoiding some dangerous areas. This way is far from safe though, a lot of fuel lines go through this area.....

Level 8: Test arena gamma - PPKKIOKLFFINNFKN
As soon as I step into the transporter I realise something is wrong. The instrument panel dangles from a jumble of wires, Sparks and smoke ussue from within. I curse loudly and lunge for the door, a faulty transporter can be lethal. But before I can get out, something within the scorched mess of electronics crackles and I am - somewhere else. After checking that I am in fact still whole, I look uneasily around myself. An icy chill settles over my heart as I see a sign -  scored and dented by some massive impact - whict reads: COMBAT TEST ARENA: GAMMA
The huge exit door is locked. I´m going to have to find the key. Hopefully whatever they were isn´t still here.....

Level 9: Surface zone - LLKOCEKLFEIJNFLJ
Glad to be alive, I stumble out of the combat arena and collapse, the door slamming shut behind me.
When I come to my senses again, I find myself on some sort of lift. The only way seems to be upwards, but I have no idea where it will take me. My only hope is to find another terminal and get back on track. Exhausted, I bandage my wounds as best I can and stagger to my feet. I press a nearby button and the lift judders upwards in response. I wipe my sweaty palms on my jacket and grip my gun more tightly - things are too quiet up here....

Level 10: Training area - LOKOCMKLFEIJNFLJ
I am beginning to think that there is simply no end to this hellish place. My fevered imagination conjures up an entire planet riddled with these dark corridors and rooms, empty and deserted except for the screams and the breed. With difficulty I get a grip on myself. A barely readable notice on the wall gives me hope. One of the facilities it mentions, the administration block, was right near the route the computer game me. Straightening with new purpose, I set my jaw and continue. But in the shadow ahead, the breed reach out for me....

Level 11: Admin block - PKKOCGKLFEIJNFLJ
I made it! The transporter dumps me in a brightly-lit room in the administration center. Supplies are at hand, and I waste no time provisioning myself. All that remains is for me to find my way out of here and I´ll be right on top of the reactor core! I press the panel which opens the door with renewed hopw. I might just beat them yet.....

Level 12: The pit - LPKOCOKLFEIJNFLJ
I smal the door af the admin block behind me, and stare about wildly. I hadn´t expected so much resistance, what has happened here? I can only assume that I am approaching the centre of the infestation. But here! On the wall opposite, a sign pointing the way to the reactor control room!
I lurch off in the direction it points, but am brought up shot with a shout of despair. The whole corridor is blocked with rubble! I punch the wall in anger and fustration, but I will not - cannot - give up now. I look around desperately, a wall plan nearby shows no other connection corridors, but there is an alternative route. A winding tunnel leading to a deep borehole. From there I can ride a lift back up to the surface and gain access to the reactor from the other side. I stare for a while at the mountain of debris, mere yards on the other side of which is my goal, then turn my back and walk away......

Level 13: Strata - PLKOKEKLFEIJNFLJ
The lift takes me up to ground level, but what had been marked as a passageway on the plane, turns out to be still under construction. Wetting a finger and holding it aloft I find that there is indeed a sluggish current of air from the black passage ahead, but the labyrinth of caves also echoes with the cries of the enemy. I briefly consider returning to the pit and trying to find a diffenrent way, but shudder and dismiss the idea immediately. Gritting my teeth, I plunge into the darkness with guns ablaze.....

Level 14: Reactor core - OOKOKMKLFEIJNBKJ
Getting to the reactor control center proves to be only half the battle. The place is a maze of corridors and rooms centred around the - maddeningly close but still unreachable - reactor core itself.
Somehow I must raise the walk.ways leading to the cooling system and extract it from the core.
Then I´ll have about two hours to get into orbit before meltdown occurs. If the shuttle is flight-ready, that´s no problem. If not...

Level 15: Cooling tower - LKKOKGKLFEIJNBKJ
Mission accomplished, I pelt out of the reactor core towards the command center, witch lies some distance from the main base. First though I have to get out of the power plant, and with fuel coming to the boil in the groaning pipes all around me, that´s easier said than done. The corridors here are thick with the breed too, and I´m going to have to wade right through them. My own scream of rage and hate rising to challange the horde, I charge the lot of them....

Level 16: Command center - OPKOKOKLFEIJNBKJ
Slamming the door shut on the grasping claws and rending teeth, silence engulfs me. I turn and lean on the wall, heaving a sigh of relief. The reactor is behind me now, and all that remains is for me to find the shuttle and get out of here. Grabbing as much equipment as I can carry, I set of, the nearness of my goal gurring me on. I pass a sign: COMMAND CENTER: AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY. CLEARANCE MU T BE OB AINED FRO. The rest of it is unreadable, a charred mess. I resolve to be on the look out for anyone who looks likely to hold a passkey. As I step outside I can see the command center, the only amess from this side see,omgæu voa a gamtry high overhead. Somewhere there must be a way up to that gantry. And somewhere there´s a passkey to get me inside....

Also read my beginner´s guide to getting started playing abandonware.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Indiana jones and the last crusade

Arcade version of the famous movie of the same name. Made by Tiertex and published by Lucasfilm for the commodore amiga in 1989. Dr. He...